New Media in Art

 


            SOJIN (20) gets himself into an artist journey from experience of movie productions back in his high school life with his best friend. Once he started producing soundtrack music for his friend's films, he started to produce his own music. 

He writes songs, produces music, arranges music, but also has a huge interest in videographing and designing. 





SOJIN:

  

 I’m always trying to find ways to let my thoughts, feelings, inspirations flow out and reach to a point where those are being perceived by others. Song production has been the most difficult and complicated art creation for me. 

I get stuck, stress out, get super anxious about where it goes. 


- Is what I’m doing right or wrong?

- Can this actually fly towards people?

- Would they like it?


But no matter what happens, I would just stick with this and keep holding it in my hand.

This is an art that I enjoy the most, being passionate the most, wanting to get better the most. 



It could not only be song production, but also the same for other shapes of art that I do.




Getting stressed and being super anxious, then grappling with them and giving my best to break them all down. For me, this process probably needs more time than other people;

 It does take time. For me.


And this is the moment that I’m being an artist, exploring new possibilities, going somewhere that I don’t know yet through letting my creativity do their job. 



A quote from McLuhan, 

"That we by tracing magic lines are taught, How to embody, and to colour THOUGHT?"

(P28 of 50)


McLuhan is talking about how people can embody and color thought through writing.

If I arranged the topic of the sentence, the idea of this sentence could also be my fundamental way of thinking that I’m always putting right next to me as an artist 


“If I got any ideas, how can I embody, and to colour thought?”




(Little clip of music)





(Illustrations)







Comments

  1. I love the photo of the girl on the bridge, the contrast between the blooming tree and the darkn space filled with what i think is fireworks looks so cool. I am very intrested in listening to your music when it's out also because after you played the clip of the song in class I was really curious on what the rest of it sounded like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really felt what you said in class when you talked about feeling a lot of anxiety when making art that you care about a lot. Do you think this anxiety makes you spend more time on your work to make it better? or do you think it does more harm than good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is super pretty! I love the connect between your art and you culture. The collab you and your friend create was gorgeous and I can't wait to see the finishing product. I also loved how you included quotes from your inner thoughts because lots of artist can relate to those many questions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts