Update no.1

Here, I'm changing my project from what I've shared in the previous step. Motion graphic editing is still intriguing and I definitely want to learn it later, but when I saw the following quote, I decided to do music creation as the main thing that I do in Lawrence; "When the real is no longer what it used to be, nostalgia assumes its full meaning...There is an escalation of the true, of the lived experience; a resurrection of the figurative where the object and substance have disappeared" (12).

This particular quote gave me an idea about a new song, which I was originally thinking about finishing up during the spring term. I guess "the shift of reality to nostalgia" could be the theme for the whole song; I adapted this idea to the original song idea that I had really well. 

Me and my friends from high school are talking about shooting a music video for the upcoming single when I go back to my home country Japan for the summer break. If the song is about nostalgia, I could reflect some old days' memories with my friends and I'm gonna shoot the video with those friends, so we could also try to reflect it into the music video. 


My least goal for this term-long project is basically finishing up all the recordings that I can do in Lawrence, as I have music friends to ask for playing instruments. After that process, there are Mixing and Mastering phases (improving the sound quality) but that’ll take a decent amount of time and I might even ask an outside audio engineer for help. So in terms of finishing up what I can present in the class at the end of the term, just an audio without mixing and mastering would be fine. 








Comments

Popular Posts