Final Project Reflection

 For me whole term project, I decided to work on producing music inspired by a quote from Simulation "When the real is no longer what it used to be, nostalgia assumes its full meaning...There is an escalation of the true, of the lived experience; a resurrection of the figurative where the object and substance have disappeared" (12).


At this time, I ended up having a guitar loop, beat section, some keyboards and synthesizers to add a dreamy vibe. The terms “dream”, “nostalgia” and “memories” take a core place as a theme of this music. I haven’t added any vocals yet, but I’m definitely singing with this, and right now I’m in the middle of the lyrics and vocal melody thinking process. 


For me, especially by the Eric Garcia talk and the artist research, I was able to get to know so deeply about who they are as professional artists. This experience inspired and motivated me to pursue what I’m doing, creating to go to the further step; to be a paid pro artist. It doesn’t really give a direct effect to the project, but was also an important experience for me to recognize and see my goal, by creating this music.






The music:







Comments

  1. Hi Sojin! I love this tune. It's groovy and chill at the same time, and it makes me want to dance. I listened to your EP as well, and you've got such an interesting mix of musical styles on there too. I really liked the multiple meanings of the song title that you explained in class, especially with the way one word can be written with two different characters and thus have different meanings. I think that could also be connected to Baudrillard. If you don't understand the meanings of the title, you might have a different idea of what the song is about than someone who does. I hope making the music video is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hearing you sing because music is a good place for growth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts