Final Project


For my final project, I’ve decided to cover a song with acapella. 


The song I covered is Stay by Post Malone


So far, I’ve done some music production for class assignments since it is my main thing that I’m pursuing in Lawrence. However, I realized that I haven’t really exposed my singing to the class, even though singing is also a significant part of me, being an artist.  

Once I came up with the idea of showing my singing, I’ve also decided to sing in acapella. As I finished the project, I’m feeling that singing in acapella was such a unique approach for me. When I think about myself performing music, I naturally think about producing the tracks first, and then combine with my vocal. So showing my acapella singing to the public was, of course, my first experience. 

As I got rid of everything besides my vocal, and showing it in the class, I felt that I was the best way to expose my singing voice as something really important for my identity as a music artist. 

I’m quite satisfied with how my final project turned out because I could successfully show another significant part of me to the class for the first time. 









Comments

Popular Posts